Midwest Foodbank Volunteers
2016 Midwest Food Bank
July CPCU Volunteer Event
The Central Illinois CPCU chapter is seeking volunteers for food packing at the Midwest Food Bank.
The Midwest Food Bank makes a huge difference in the lives of the more than 225,000 persons that they serve each month.
Activities & Requirements:
- Dry food handling & labeling
- Some may be asked to do moderate lifting
- Must be able to stand for up to 2 hours (some sitting jobs are available)
- No sandals or open-toed shoes are allowed
- No torn or soiled clothing
- Gloves and hairnets will be worn
Please consider recruiting family and friends. This is a great family activity. Volunteers must be at least 10 years old.
The facility has an unsupervised play area for kids; though the group will be responsible for supervising the play area if needed. If enough volunteers with young kids are interested we could arrange to have one person manage the play area.
Please download and complete a Volunteer Agreement prior to your arrival (download link). Volunteers under 18 years of age must have the form signed by their parent or guardian. No need to complete a new form if they already have you on file. Forms will be at the door if you forget.